The Tertiary Hospital/ posting
A state of the art tertiary hospital and research center of excellence is currently under construction in Qatar. The facility of nearly 390,000-square-foot and will be among the finest and most technologically advanced medical and research facilities in the world. And, together with university partnerships, will establish a world-class academic medical center within Doha. The organization has recruited leading physicians, researchers, faculty and administrators from around the world to collaborate and create a legacy of medical and scientific excellence.
The organization will contribute to Qatar’s vision, set out in its National Health Strategy, by providing specialty care for women and children, with select medical and surgical services for all adults. The infrastructure allows for an initial complement several hundred beds and state of the art outpatient and research facilities, with a possible expansion in a later phase.
Optimal use will be made of technology in support of clinical, administrative and research functions in the all-digital facility. This includes the use of robotics and computer-aided surgery and diagnostics, advanced digital imaging, and integrated patient information systems and paperless systems.
The organization’s initial focus will be on improving and reimagining comprehensive, dedicated medical services for women and children in Qatar and throughout the region, within the context of establishing a world class biomedical research institution intent on advancing the frontiers of medicine and science.
Office of the Chair of the Executive Committee – Position Summary
Successful applicants will be deployed into the newly established Office of the Chair of the Executive Committee for the client organization which will provide the highest level of support to the Chair of the Executive Committee and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and other members of the Executive Committee to provide additional, flexible, capacity to the organisation and ensure progress against the Chair’s agenda and goals.
Assitant Private Secretary. The Assistant Private Secretary will be responsible for providing outstanding executive support to the Chair, managing relationships between the Chair and senior stakeholders, overseeing the smooth and timely flow of information into and out of the Chair’s Office, drafting submissions to be sent to Higher Authorities and other senior stakeholders by the Chair and offering tactical and strategic advice to the Chair.
All these roles will, directly or indirectly, be accountable to Lord Darzi, the Chair of the Executive Committee for the organization. The Programme Assurance Team will also work closely with and be accountable to the Chief Executive.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Education: Minimum: Bachelor’s, Master’s degree desirable
- Experience: Minimum: 5 years’ experience in healthcare setting (programme and senior managerial), 10 years’ experience desirable for more senior posts
- Language Skills: English – essential / Arabic – desirable
- Computer Skills: Well versed in MS office applications
- Key Competencies:
- Excellent experience in working with senior leaders and clinicians to manage and effectively driving delivery of complex and strategic programmes of work
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Programme and project management skills, formal qualification highly desirable
- Proven ability to build strong peer to peer relationships and effectively manage upwards
- Analytical skills to help evaluate opportunities and track performance
- Tenacity and responsiveness
- Resilient with good coping strategies and ability to swiftly, effectively and diplomatically resolve issues or conflicts
- Key Relationships
- Chair of the Executive Committee
- The Chief Executive Officer
- Members of the Executive Committee
- Clinical Chiefs
- The General Counsel
- Board Secretary
- Director of Operations