The Tertiary Hospital/ posting
A state of the art tertiary hospital and research center of excellence is currently under construction in Qatar. The facility of nearly 390,000-square-foot and will be among the finest and most technologically advanced medical and research facilities in the world. And, together with university partnerships, will establish a world-class academic medical center within Doha. The organization has recruited leading physicians, researchers, faculty and administrators from around the world to collaborate and create a legacy of medical and scientific excellence.
The organization will contribute to Qatar’s vision, set out in its National Health Strategy, by providing specialty care for women and children, with select medical and surgical services for all adults. The infrastructure allows for an initial complement several hundred beds and state of the art outpatient and research facilities, with a possible expansion in a later phase.
Optimal use will be made of technology in support of clinical, administrative and research functions in the all-digital facility. This includes the use of robotics and computer-aided surgery and diagnostics, advanced digital imaging, and integrated patient information systems and paperless systems.
The organization’s initial focus will be on improving and reimagining comprehensive, dedicated medical services for women and children in Qatar and throughout the region, within the context of establishing a world class biomedical research institution intent on advancing the frontiers of medicine and science.
Office of the Chair of the Executive Committee – Position Summary
Successful applicants will be deployed into the newly established Office of the Chair of the Executive Committee for the client organization which will provide the highest level of support to the Chair of the Executive Committee and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and other members of the Executive Committee to provide additional, flexible, capacity to the organisation and ensure progress against the Chair’s agenda and goals.
Programme Assurance Director. The Director will be an experienced and capable leader with a proven ability to build and manage high performing teams and senior staff. They will work closely with the Chair and Chief Executive to lead the Programme Assurance Team and design and oversee their work. They will ensure the team provides additional programme / project capacity and assist with the resolution of key risks and issues identified to successfully commission the facility. The Director will be responsible for building and maintaining excellent relationships with senior executives and using the programme to empower them to deliver actions required a well as supporting engagement between the organization and the wider health economy.
All these roles will, directly or indirectly, be accountable to Lord Darzi, the Chair of the Executive Committee for the organization. The Programme Assurance Team will also work closely with and be accountable to the Chief Executive.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Education: Minimum: Bachelor’s, Master’s degree desirable
- Experience: Minimum: 5 years’ experience in healthcare setting (programme and senior managerial), 10 years’ experience desirable for more senior posts
- Language Skills: English – essential / Arabic – desirable
- Computer Skills: Well versed in MS office applications
- Key Competencies:
- Excellent experience in working with senior leaders and clinicians to manage and effectively driving delivery of complex and strategic programmes of work
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Programme and project management skills, formal qualification highly desirable
- Proven ability to build strong peer to peer relationships and effectively manage upwards
- Analytical skills to help evaluate opportunities and track performance
- Tenacity and responsiveness
- Resilient with good coping strategies and ability to swiftly, effectively and diplomatically resolve issues or conflicts
- Key Relationships
- Chair of the Executive Committee
- The Chief Executive Officer
- Members of the Executive Committee
- Clinical Chiefs
- The General Counsel
- Board Secretary
- Dearden Interim Director of Operations