We are seeking applications for one of our health service clients based in Qatar. This is an exciting opportunity for a degree qualified, accredited Programme Manager to work with ADQ, a bespoke organisation providing high quality managerial, project and programme management support to partners in the Qatar health economy.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the delivery of large-scale programmes in health improvement or policy development. The competitive tax-free package comprises basic salary plus benefits including discretionary bonus, subsidised accommodation and annual allowance for flights back home.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the implementation of plans, policies and strategies to transform healthcare delivery, regulation and integration at a national level including:
- Aligning of individual programmes and projects with the strategic objectives set by the National Health Strategy
- Scoping and defining appropriate delivery approaches for the programme and individual projects
- Identifying key risks to programme activities and managing corresponding mitigation actions. Escalating issues in line with the programme governance arrangements and authorised thresholds
- Monitoring and providing oversight of progress on individual work streams and supporting the Senior Responsible Officers and project team to address key issues for delivery
- Providing guidance to ensure clear, robust and integrated planning and delivery across all elements of the programme
- Planning strategic programmes to identify and incorporate new opportunities and developments within the international health arena that would benefit or impact the National Health Strategy
- Working in partnership with others to ensure cross-fertilization of ideas and work streams, managing interfaces between projects
- Overseeing the management control of project and workstream budgets to optimise efficiency and value for money across the programme
- Engaging with all key stakeholders to build solid relationships that will ensure awareness of the political and social levers that may impact delivery of the programme
- Providing ongoing assurance to the senior team on the status of programme execution
- Developing and operating all required programme management products and processes e.g. management plans, business case, funding requests and reporting in line with the programme delivery method
- Supporting the procurement, selection and deployment of supplier resources to implement the programme
– Degree qualified
– Minimum of 10 years’ experience delivering major healthcare programmes.
– Accredited to MSP, PMI PMO, PRINCE 2 or equivalent.
– Experienced in supporting delivery teams and SROs in complex environments.
– Confident operator in political environments.
– Understanding of working with senior clinicians in one of the following specialties:
* Public health initiatives
* Service change in Primary, Secondary and/or Continuing Care
* Quality improvement strategies
* Health improvement programmes or workforce/capacity planning