Our client is the public provider of primary care services in Qatar. The National Health Strategy for Qatar recognizes the need to strengthen and expand primary care so that it provides a solid foundation for the health system as a whole.
The new Primary Healthcare Strategy sets out recommendations that will transform care over the next five years including supporting people to stay at home rather than be admitted to hospital, a much greater focus on weight management and stopping smoking, the establishment of a patient helpline for people to access health and a comprehensive programme of screening to help detect disease early.
In thinking about how the strategy will be implemented, there has also been agreement on key principles which will underpin everything that is done in primary health care, regardless of the organization by which it is provided. The principles include areas such as ‘being the first and continuous point of contact’, ‘being person and family centred’, ‘delivering high quality services’.
The role of a Change Agent
A Change Agent has responsibility for projects aligned to the patient care services, patient safety and patient experience.
- Be able to develop business plans to ensure delivery of priorities
- Project manage the development of service specifications and implementation plans for the redesign of services to support outcomes.
- Co-ordinate action plans to identify and address concerns in performance/risk
- Ensure appropriate patient and public involvement in service change and improvement
- A Change Agent must also have improvement methodology qualifications (e.g. lean, six sigma, etc.) or significant evidence of successful experience in healthcare change management, service improvement and transformation.
About the role: OPERATIONS CHANGE AGENT
A dynamic and active role whereby the post holder takes a hands- on approach, bringing a true understanding of international practice to the implementation of the new service specifications.
Change Agent – Position Summary
The incumbent will contribute to the organization by taking responsibility for coordination of all activities on assigned projects. Plans, schedules, conduct, and coordinate assigned projects for the operations; monitors work for compliance to standards
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinates the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Prepare Scope of Work for the Department’s projects.
- Assist in the preparation of strategy project proposals.
- Prepare Project Execution Plans, including project resource requirements.
- Provide expert advice and direction to others by the timely application of technical and/or project management professionalism at key points in the project process.
- Set success criteria for projects; formulate and deliver project execution strategies ensuring successful delivery of the project through a project team.
- Ensure the work of the project complies with best practice standards, current and future legislative requirements, and guidelines.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress following the full implementation of the assigned projects.
- Management of the implementations plans and identification of risks and issues associated with the plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
Master’s degree is highly preferred.
Certifications: Certification in Project Management or Health Care Management
Minimum: 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing strategies and Service development programs in a Healthcare setting.
- Language Skills: English- essential. Arabic- desirable
- Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge in MS Office and MS Projects.
- Delivery focused in a time pressured and challenging environment
- Service Delivery focused in a health system
- Program and project management skills
- Operational awareness and hands on experience in designing and delivering health care services
- Decision making and results orientated
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Highly developed communication skills
- Harnessing Technology
- Leadership qualities but with strong team working skill set
- Key Relationships
- Executive Director of Service Development
- Senior Management personnel
- Clinicians in Health Centre’s
- Service users