Our Client The National Health Strategy for Qatar recognizes the need to strengthen and expand primary care so that it provides a solid foundation for the health system as a whole.
The new Primary Healthcare Strategy sets out recommendations that will transform care over the next five years including supporting people to stay at home rather than be admitted to hospital, a much greater focus on weight management and stopping smoking, the establishment of a patient helpline for people to access health and a comprehensive program of screening to help detect disease early.
In thinking about how the strategy will be implemented, there has also been agreement on key principles which will underpin everything that is done in primary health care, regardless of the organisation by which it is provided. The principles include areas such as ‘being the first and continuous point of contact’, ‘being person and family centred’, and ‘delivering high quality services’.
PROJECT MANAGER – Clinical Affairs – Position Summary
The post holder will provide support to the Executive Director of Clinical Affairs and Management team within the Clinical Affairs directorate.
The post requires an individual with a clinical background with evidence based medicine who has recent operational experience and knowledge of Primary Health Care. The individual will have demonstrated experience and understanding of service redesign, project analysis and evaluation. Implementation of sustainable and enduring change through buy-in of the core team is essential to the success of this role. Implementation will involve small-scale pilots through to national rollouts.
The individual will work alongside Clinical Affairs Specialists to Identify and draw on best practice from other organizations in designing frameworks, supporting clinical audit and leading improvement programs to support the operations and local pathways that are both sustainable and centered on patients’ needs.
The individual will understand how program / project processes are developed and have worked on processes and service improvements involving multiple workstreams.
The post holder will take a hands-on approach and work with other team members to respond to day to day priorities of the directorate.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinates the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Prepare Scope of Work for the Department’s projects.
- Assist in the preparation of strategy project proposals.
- Prepare Project Execution Plans, including project resource requirements.
- Provide expert advice and direction to others by the timely application of technical and/or project management professionalism at key points in the project process.
- Set success criteria for projects; formulate and deliver project execution strategies ensuring successful delivery of the project through a project team.
- Ensure the work of the project complies with best practice standards, current and future legislative requirements, and guidelines.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress following the full implementation of the assigned projects.
- Management of the implementations plans and identification of risks and issues associated with the plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related clinical field. Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Certification in Project Management or Health Care Management
- 5 years’ experience in Health Care related projects covering planning & design to implementation
- Experience of working with Clinical Information Systems
- Well versed in epidemiology and statistics
- Scientific writing and reporting
- Experience of clinical audit would be desirable
- English – essential. Arabic – desirable
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office, MS Project and advanced Excel
- Scientific analysis skills that cover a range of areas such as electronic health records, Health related Data analysis
- Use of statistical packages (examples SPSS, STATA, Minitab)
- Delivery focused in a time pressured and challenging environment
- Service Delivery focused in a health system
- Program and project management skills
- Operational awareness and hands on experience in designing and delivering health care services
- Decision making and results orientated
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Highly developed communication skills
- Harnessing Technology
- Leadership qualities and strategic planning abilities
- Strong team working skill set
- Executive Director of Clinical Affairs
- Senior Management and other personnel as required
- Clinicians in Health Centre’s
- Service users